Pages

27 April 2010

[WIP] HGUC 086 Nu Gundam R-WIP1

Alright, here is a first look of my Nu Re-WIP. After a few session of spray painting frenzy, I finally decided to rebuild my Nu. For you guys information, Nu is my 2nd HG kit. Exia was my first. I bought this kit via my friend from Singapore for only SG$29.90; believe it or not as OG was overloaded with it. I felt that this kit is too good to be just left behind with my initial built; no skill in panel lining and let alone any painting done. 

Well, for this re-work, I used the following spray paints and tools:-
1. Spray Tamiya Matt White TS-27
       For all of Nu White parts.
2. Spray Tamiya Metallic Black TS-40
       For all of Nu Bluish Black parts.
3. Spray Tamiya Metallic Red TS-18
      For all of Nu Red parts.
4. Spray Tamiya Lemon Yellow TS-XX
      For all of Nu Yellow parts (except V-fin).
5. Spray Tamiya Gun Metal TS-38
      For all of Nu Joints and inner frame parts.
6. Paint Tamiya Flat YellowXF-3
      For all of Nu Groin's V, Thruster on legs, sole and skirt.
7. Paint Tamiya Titanium Silver X-32
      For all of Nu Mechanical Pipings parts on frame.
8. Paint Mr.Hobby Metallic Gold No.9
      For all of Nu Mechanical Joint Pipings parts on frame
9. Pilot Super Silver
      For Nu Bazooka Exhaust cover.
9. Tamiya Masking Tape (6mm)
      To mask parts during spray painting.
10. Tamiya Modelling Brush Item.87017
      Ultimate fine tip brush to reach all hard-to-reach place.

Anyways here are the pictures of my WIP. They are actually in chronological order though it may not seem so.

This picture shows masking done on Nu's parts; getting reading for yellow spray. Note that at time of masking, I have already finished spray painting all the white parts with matt white. Very tedious job just to mask all these parts |||


Closer look at the mask parts. Accurate masking at important places using Tamiya's 6mm masking tape and the rest with A4 paper coupled with cello tape. Faster and saves time.

First layer...

Second layer...

This is how it looks after spraying...

Peel off masking...

Voila :) Work done !!!


Closer look on the matt white on all of Nu's part...




Here is another example of what I have done to just spray paint the skirt area black. Just took too much time.



Gold and silver detailing...






A better look of Nu WIP semi-assembled :)

And finally, once the hellish procedures is over, I can finally put Nu back together. Note that all the decals were removed and at time of writing, Nu looks like this:-





Nu is still at 80% complete as I am still waiting for the decals from SamuelDecal. Hopefully it arrive soon enough so that I can get this done with and move in |||

And if anyone is wondering, these are the Pilot Super Silver/Gold I am talking about. 


Stay tune for more pictures and anticipate Nu at 100% completion. Thanks for viewing.

3 comments:

  1. nice job with the nu, but 1 question though does the marker leave some effect like the gundam marker or does it look like it been painted with brush?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ryu, it will be smooth but you will need to apply carefully as the paint comes out alot. need some get-use-to before actually using it on your kit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ic then can use a paint tray and use brush with the paint in the tray haha

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails